RadSpace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raging bull causes mayhem in city traffic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bek

Bek

Raging bull causes mayhem in city traffic Empty
PostSubject: Raging bull causes mayhem in city traffic   Raging bull causes mayhem in city traffic I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:17 am

Quote :
STUNNED motorists were confronted with the sight of a 500kg bull charging straight at them yesterday when a show-bound bovine made a bid for freedom down one of Brisbane's busiest inner-city roads.

The bull must have gotten stage fright at the thought of being led around at the city's EKKA parade and hoofed it while being unloaded from a cattle truck at the RNA showgrounds.

The bull caused mayhem as he charged down Bowen Bridge Road - towards Brisbane's major hospital - with his handlers in hot pursuit.

Country resident Kathleen Moffatt from Miles in the state's south west saw the bull escape and gave chase on foot.

"I was just keeping up with it so we could contain it and know where it was," she said.

"You've got to tell these city people that the next time someone is running up the street behind a bull to just stop and not get out of their car and try to wrangle it for us."

One motorist almost ran over it while driving to work.

"Most of the traffic stopped and there were cars and people following it trying to keep the traffic away," the driver said.

It ended up outside a camping shop where it headbutted and smashed the store's glass frontage.

"I was just saying to the police that I wonder if this is covered by my insurance, trying to claim damage caused by livestock. It's been an interesting day at work," Tentworld employee Morgan Wilson said.

Police closed a section of the street as a posse of 15 cowboys was called in to herd the bull on to a cattle truck.

Owner Julie Nixon said the bull, suffering a sore nose after his outing, would be sent home.

and here's a pic

Raging bull causes mayhem in city traffic 0617914200

And this is why city people piss me off, well generally, not all do, why not let the people that know what they're doing catch the damn thing, why not, because they're arrogant bastards, who think they damn well know everything....
I had something similar to this happen to me at the same show a few years back, we had this young bull get off, he didn't get out into the city though, just ran half way around the showgrounds, but what these dumb arse Brisbane people need to know, is that they're more of hinderance, rather than a help. they just spook the animals crowding around them....This guy, when it happened to me, was trying to shoo this bull back, and then he said he was trying to grab him, by running at the poor little bull, he was just lucky that my guys and I turned up when we did, coz the bull was ready to charge
We do this day in, day out, working with these animals, and that breed, at 500kg, is only a young bull, so, he's just going to spook even more, they always do at their first Ekka(this show)......LET THE PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

Anyway sorry about that, it just really really annoys me when people who don't have the slightest clue what they're doing, do it anyway...
Back to top Go down

Raging bull causes mayhem in city traffic
Page 1 of 1