RadSpace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Way Too Good To Be True

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheRealFan

Way Too Good To Be True Empty
PostSubject: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:52 am

Characters:
Sophie:25 years old. Red Hair, brown eyes. She's also very shy. She's a huge hockey fan and her dream is to meet her favorite player, Alex Kovalev. With her best friend, she owns a store that sells all sorts of hockey gear.
Leyla:26 years old. She's Sophie's best friend. She's blond with blue eyes. She hates hockey but watches it because of Sopĥie... and because she thinks Saku Koivu is hot.
Alex Kovalev: 35 years old. He's a hockey player and plays for the Montreal Canadiens. He's cocky, aggressive, way overconfident and thinks the world exists for his sole pleasure. In short, he's an asshole.
Saku Koivu: 33 years old. He's a hockey player and plays for the Montreal Canadiens. He's friendly, modest, funny and really cool. He's the total opposite of Alex and it's surprising they're best friends. But he hides a huge secret that only Alex knows... This secret could ruin his whole life.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:53 am

The day had just begun and Sophie was tired. She looked at the dozen of boxes that she needed to empty and felt discouraged. How am I going to do it all alone? she thought. Leyla, Sophie's best friend and co-owner of the store, wasn't even there to help her. She had a doctor's appointment and wouldn't come to the store until eleven am. Plus, it seemed like it was going to be a slow day. Nobody would come in the store.

Sophie looked at the clock. Barely nine... Well, those boxes won't empty themselve. Better get to work already. She finished her coffee and opened the first box.
Halfway through the third box, someone, she heard someone enter the store. Finally... I thought no one would ever come. She looked away from the box. All the dvds she held in her hands fell on the floor witha huge noise.... The man looked her way and rushed to help her. He grabbed some dvds and handed them to her.

-Thanks, she said.

-No problem, he answered with a sweet smile. Oh... I'm Saku. Saku Koivu.

-I know, she said as she blushed. I'm Sophie.

Well, he wasn't was Alex Kovalev but it was a start... Actually, she thought that tv didn't do him justice at all and that he was ten times hotter in person. Then she remembered that the store actually sold sports goods, which meant he had to be there to buy something...

-So, are you looking for something special?

-In fact... he started before being interupted by another voice.

-Hey pal, you could have at least waited for me, the voice said and in walked Alex Kovalev. Sophie stood speechless. She had to be dreaming... Alex Kovalev, her favorite player ever, stood right in front of her. But it couldn't be a dream... It seemed so very real. If I'm dreaming, I hope to never wake up she thought.

Saku turned to his friend and smiled.

-Well, you keep telling me I need to move my fat ass... Who's being slow today?

Alex rolled his eyes and looked around the store.

-Is there anyone to help around here?

-Yea, but I'm first in line so wait your turn Alex, said Saku with a devilish smile. So Sophie, he continued as if no one had interupted them, like we were saying before Alex came in, I'd like to buy a new stick. Mine's pretty messed up since someone couldn't hold his temper during practice, he added with a laugh.

-It was an accident! Alex said.

-Oh, you have a guilty conscience Alex? asked Saku.

-Whatever, Alex replied. Hurry so we can get out of here. I'm starving.

-Fine, said Saku and returned to his stick. Sophie showeved him different ones. As soon as he found the perfect one, Saku picked it and walked over to the cash register, which wa on the other side of the room.

-This is taking so long, Alex said.

-I apologize on Alex's behalf Sophie. He's just acting cranky today. He's usually a lot friendlier than that. Why don't you serve him so he can stop complaining? I can wait.

Sophie walked over to Alex.

-So, what is it that you're looking for? she asked.

-Show me you gloves.

-You could at least say please! yelled Saku from accross the room.

-Please, said Alex in a cold tone. Happy now Saku?

-Very, he replied.

Alex finally found a pair of gloved that fit him and the two paid. Whew, she thought. This was so surreal. Saku is so much of a gentleman. But Alex... I don't know what to think. Saku says he isn't llike that usually. But he's still so cool. I can't wait to tell Leyla what happened. As she was about to go back to her boxes, she noticed that Alex had forgotten his cellphone on the counter.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:53 am

-So, what do you feel like Alexei? teased Saku. He knew Alex hated being called by his whole name. Since I'm in such a great mood, I'm letting you choose what we'll eat.

Alex glared at his friend but didn't fall in the trap. He looked around at the food court, trying to decided what he felt like eating. He spooted McDonalds and he suddenly got a craving for a double quarter pounder with cheese and french fries.

-There, he said to his friend.

-This junk? asked Saku as he put his hand over his heart. You're really breaking my heart, he said and faked to wipe a tear from his eye. I thought you could do so much better than that.

-Fine, Alex snapped. Choose the restaurant yourself.

-Wow, you are so cranky today. Is it your time of the month?

Alex rolled his eyes.

-Damn, I don't even know why I hang out with you so much. Always joking, and needling others...

-That's called a sense of humor Alex. But of course, you don't have one so you wouldn't know... But alright, he added, sensing that Alex was reading to snap any second. McDonalds, here we go.

Twenty minutes later, as they were eating they hamburgers, Alex looked at his watch.

-Damn, it's already twelve thirty. We'll be late for practice. Let me call Guy so I can tell him...

He went to the pocket of his jeans to grab his cellphone but didn't find it. He tried the other pocket. Nothing there either. He tried inside his leather jacket, and all other pockets, but he couldn't find it.

-Shit, he said. I can't find it.

-Find what? asked Saku, who had already forgotten about the call.

-My phone... Where can it be?

He tried to remember where he could have left it. The only possible place was... That sport shop. He told Saku. Saku took the last bite of his sandwich and finally said:

-We don't have time to go take it, my dear little Alex. What about that: I'll give a call to the shop and tell Sophie to keep if for you and you can go take it after practice. What do you say?

-I say you're a genius... except that I'm not going back there. That girl's a freak... She wouldn't stop staring at me.

-I think she's a fan of yours but she was too shy to ask for an autograph... Beside, I think she seemed kinda sweet, he added as he blushed slightly.

Alex stared carefully at Saku.

-Am I dreaming or do you have the hots for a girl you barely know? he finally asked.

Saku blushed even harder.

-I don't have the hots for her... but she's damn cute... and I like the way she's shy and... sweet and...

Saku stopped there, realizing he was making a fool of himself. Alex smirked.

-If I didn't know you better, I'd think you've been brainwashed by some aliens.

In fact, Saku had had lots of crushes, but none of his relationships had lasted really long.

-So, are you getting my phone back or not? asked Alex.

-Of course Alexei.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:54 am

-Oh, come on! sais Leyla sarcastically as her friend showed her the phone. This could be anybody's cellphone... Like Alex Kovalev and Saku Koivu would actually come here and shop in our store.

-It's true, it's damn true! said Sophie, frustrated that her best friend didn't believe her. They both came here.

-Fine... said Leyla and shook her head as she walked away. She grabbed a box and started emptying it. Sophie forced Leyla to look at her.

During practice, Saku got a pretty hard shot in the eye. Andrei Markov's stick hit Saku's left eye and Saku had to leave the practice. After he changed, he laid his head on the bench for a while and he fell asleep.

Two little boys about eight years old were playing hockey on a skating rink in Finland. One was better than the other, only at the time, none of them seemed to realize it. They only played hockey for fun, and hadn't thought about the NHL... Not yet.
Years later, at twelve, they both played for the same team. They completed each other so well in the rink that people started to call them The Twins.

-Saku? Saku, are you alright? asked an anxious voice. Saku woke up and opened his eyes, only to find Alex leaning over him.

Saku slowly got up. He felt horrible...He hated to have those dreams. They made him feel so... powerless. He couldn't change what had happened, and would always feel guilty because of it.

-Yea, I'm alright, he said to Alex, who was anxiously waiting for a reply. I was just having the same nightmares that i always have...

-You are such a wuss Saku, replied Alex and he laughed, but he obviously looked concerned.
He decided to leave Saku alone. As he was about to go back in the rink, Saku stopped him.

-Would you happen to have a suit in your car? Alex raised an eyebrow.

-What for? he asked.

-Nothing, Saku said, trying to sound calm. Oh, and who am I fooling. I wanted to ask Sophie out.

Alex winked.

-You're perfect as you are.... But take my leather jacket just in case.

Thirty minutes later, Saku tried to shake off what was left of that awful he had because of his nightmare. He plastered a smile on his face and walked confidently to Sophie's store.

She was arguing with a friend, and Saku hesitated to enter the store. Should he leave them alone? He slowly crept into the store and slightly cleared his throat. Both girls turned their heads his way. Sophie's friend shrieked and put her hands over her mouth.

-You're... you're Saku Koivu, she said.

-Yea, that would be me, he answered. And you are?

-Leyla, she replied and extended her hand to him. He shook it gladly and then turned his attention back to Sophie.

-Hi, he said in a whisper. He hoped she wouldn't noticed he had borrowed Alex's jacket.

-You came for Alex's phone? she asked. He nodded. She took the cellphone from under the counter and handed it to him.

-Thanks, he said. But... Actually, I didn't... I didn't ...
Somehow, he couldn't bring himself to say the words. She stared at him, waiting for what he had to say.

-I also wanted to ask you if you'd like to go take a coffee or something, he said in a breath.

Sophie raised an eyebrow.

-Say that again? she asked.

-Do you want to go take a coffee or something with me? he repeated.

Leyla pushed her friend in the back. It was the least she could do after accusing her friend of being a filthy liar... Even though she was now awfully jealous of Sophie for getting a date with the hottest man on the planet.

-You go Sophie. I can handle the shop by myself.

Sophie stood unsure by the door of the shop.

-You're sure?

-Yea. Now leave before I throw a puck at your head, Leyla said.

As they walked in the mall, Saku slowly put his hands into Sophie,s.

-You're a fast mover, aren't you? she said with a laugh.

-Not usually, he blushed. She nudged him and asked him where he wanted to go. He lead her to a small coffee shop. Sophie knew it, and loved the coffee there. After Saku got back with their coffee, they sat in a dark corner, where they could have a lot of privacy.

They talked about their life. Saku told Sophie about his life in Finland, training to be a hockey player, moving to Canada and finally being called to the NHL. The only thing he omitted was the incident with his friend, but he thought that could wait. Not good on a first date he thought.
Sophie then told her about growing up around hockey, and how she'd always wanted to be involved with hockey in some way.
After three whole hours that they spent talking to each other, Sophie asked him:

-So, is there anything else you'd like to know?

He nodded.

I'd like to know what your lips taste like, he thought. Instead, he said:

-Well... is there anyone special in your life?

She shook her head.

-Not for the moment. I'm still looking.

He smiled.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:55 am

-So, how was it with that girl... I think you said her name's Sophie? asked Alex as thjey headed to the arena the next day.

-It went well. I gave her two tickets for the game tonight, answered Saku with a smirk.

Alex looked at his friend but Saku motioned for him to look back at the road.

-I want to make it alive, he joked.

Alex sighed. A few minutes later, he parked into the Bell Center.

-Why'd you give her two tickets? he finally asked.

-So she can come watch the game with her friend. Duh, Saku snorted. We might go out later. Feel like coming?

-What about no? answered Alex as he faked to yawn.

-Why not? Saku insisted.

-I have other plans, replied Alex as he stepped into the dressing room.

-Like...? asked Saku as he raised an eyebrow. He was surprised, and within reason. Alex would rarely make plans without telling him about it.

-Hey guys! yelled Alex. Who feels like going to the strippers after the game?

-Count me in! yelled Andrei Markov from across the room.
-Me too! said Carey Price.
-I'm in too, said Tomas Plekanec.

Saku rolled his eyes.

-So that's your big plan for tonight? Alex nodded.

-And I plan on scoring tonight... unlike you with Sophie.

-Who said I didn't?

-You did? asked Alex, taken by surprise.

-Actually... no, admitted Saku as he blushed.

-That's what I thought, mocked Alex.

-Ewwwww....I'd rather not score, than score with a stripper, said Saku.

At the same time, Sophie was changing for the hundreth time. She was starting to panic. Leyla, who was usually took much more time than her to get ready, had been dressed for at least half an hour.

-Leyla, how do I look? Sophie cried.

Leyla looked up from her magazine and eyed her friend. Sophie wore a white halter top, a black mini skirt, and high heels.

-You look perfect, Leyla answered. You can put your Kovalev shirt on top of what you're wearing. That way you can take it off after the game.

-Leyla you're a genius!

-Thanks. Leyla blushed. Now let me handle the make up and the hair or we'll still be there when the game ends.

Twenty minutes later, Sophie had her hair in a high, sloppy ponytail, and the make up Leyla had put on her face change her so much.

-So, can we go now? asked Leyla.

-Of course. Sophie beamed.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:56 am

Sophie squeezed Leyla's hand. There were thirty seconds left to the period and the score was tie. Alex charged toward the goal.

-Go Alex! Sophie said.

Alex circled the net and shot the puck quickly.

-He score! He freakin' scored! Sophie yelled at the top of her lung. YOU ROCK ALEX!

-Wow, someone's excited, noticed Leyla.

Sophie blushed and calmed down before answering:

-You would too if Saku had scored a goal.

It was Leyla's turn to blush. However, Sophie was already thinking about meeting Saku. She pulled Leyla downstairs.

-Hurry, she said.

-Wait, let's take off our shirt.

Sophie pulled her Kovalev shirt about her head as Leyla pulled off her Koivu shirt. They stuffed the shirt into the bag theyhad brought and ran downstairs.

-Nice goal Alex. I didn't know if you had it in you to actually score it, teased Saku. I'm joking, he added when he saw Alex glaring. The rest of us should bow before your greatness.

Alex managed a laugh and started taking off his hockey clothes. Saku had been ready for a while now and was waiting for the perfect moment to ask Alex to change his mind and to come with him tonight.

-How come I'm always showered and dressed before you even go under the shower? he said to Alex.

-Because... you're simply faster? said Alex.

-Nice try but it wasn't funny, said Saku. He cleared his throat and continued. So... still going to the strippers?

-I won't change my mind in an hour.

-Only fools don't change their minds, you know that Alex?

Alex rolled his eyes.

-What do you want Saku. Go right to the point.

-I want you to ditch the strip club and come with me tonight. Sophie's brought her friend. Maybe you...

-Okay okay... Fine! I'll come just so you can stop bugging me.

-Wooo! screamed Saku. Now hurry. I don't know if you've noticed but we're the only two left in the locker room.

After a security guard checked the pass Sophie showed him, they rushed over to the locker rooms. They waited and soon, the Canadien players passed them one by one. After a few minutes, Saku finally came out.

-Hey girls, he said as he smiled sweetly to Sophie. He hugged her tightly before giving a quick hug to Leyla. Do you mind waiting just a few minutes? Alex is still under the shower. It's incredible the time he can spend washing himself... Sometimes I wonder what he's doing there since he's always the last one out... Probably washing the bad smell or something... Or maybe not. I don't know anymore

Sophie and Leyla giggled. After making small talk for about ten minutes, Alex finally walked out with his gym back. His hair were still wet from the shower.
Sophie stared at her feet and blushed hardly. Damn, I'm the one who needs a shower now... A very cold shower. Why does he have to be so hot?

-Finally! said Saku. I thought you'd never come out. You and that big ole honker of yours.

Leyla laughed, but Sophie just looked at Alex.

-What big ole honker? she asked.

Alex looked at her differently.

-Thank you Sophie... Finally someone who doesn't laugh when Saku makes that stupid joke.

Saku poked Sophie.

-You're kidding, right? Don't you see that big ole honker that's attached to his face? asked Saku as he pointed to Alex's nose.

-Enough of this, said Alex. Let's bounce. Damn, I should have gone to the strippers, he muttered under his breath as he followed the others.

Later that night, as Leyla and Sophie headed to the washrooms, Leyla admitted:

-You are so lucky Soph. Saku is so into you

Sophie shook her head, deceived.

-I don't care about Saku... I mean , he's nice and all but...

-He's not Alex, finished Leyla. Why do you keep trying? He's been a douche all night.

-If only he could look at me, Sophie whispered.

-Why don't you ask him to dance then?

-I will, Sophie said
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:58 am

Leyla kicked her friend under the table.

-Ask him, she whispered.

-Not now, Sophie replied as her face turned red.

-Are you alright ladies? asked Saku as he saw them whispering back and forth to each other.

-Oh yea, everything's perfect, said Leyla as she threw her hair back. I was just telling Sophie it'd be cool to dance.

Saku grinned.

-Of course but... I have to warn you. Alex is an horrible dancer.

-Then he can dance with Sophie. She couldn't dance to save her life, said Leyla.

Before the two could answer, Leyla grabbed Saku's hand and pulled him toward the dance floor.

-Well, it's always nice to have friend dissing you, Sophie said.

-Yea, Saku is always on my back. All the time.

Sophie blushed slightly and hoped Alex wouldn't notice. She still couldn't believe he was sitting in front of her. She cleared her throat and said:

-You seem annoyed.

Alex nodded.

-I am... Dammit, he's always teasing me about everything and anything. Let's go dance, he added. Or else, Saku will be on my case for months.

He took her hand and they walked to the dance floor. Sophie's heart was beating really fast. He's holding my hand! she thought, excited. I just hope I don't have a heart attack when he holds me in his arms.

-Sure took them a long time to come on here, Saku laughed. But it's nice to see Alex interested in anyone other than strippers.

Leyla gagged.

-Strippers? It's so fuckin' gross...

-I know, eh? I keep telling him that but he never listens to me.

-He could catch nasty things...Leyla added.

-I should tell him that. But let's talk about something else. Okay? Dancing is supposed to be fun.

-You're so sweet, Leyla said. How come you don't have a girlfriend?

-Haha, I don't know, Saku said as he bowed his head. It seems like girls prefer the wild one, you know? Like Alex...

-Yea I know what you mean, snorted Leyla.

At the end of the night, as Sophie and Leyla were walking home, Sophie wouldn't stop gushing over Alex.

-He's so cool! I can't believe I got to dance with him. And he was so nice to me.

-Are you done now Soph? You've been talking abotu Alex for the last twenty minutes... You sound so obsessed.

-I'm not, Sophie said, but she blushed.

Leyla shook her head.

-You so are, said he friend.

Leyla decided not to tell her friends about Alex liking strippers... Sophie thought Alex was so perfect...and it seemed like he had been tonight so there was no need to ruin what could be the start of a great relationship.

As soon as he got home, Saku jumped into bed. He was dead tired and he had to be ready for tomorrow's practice.

As soon as the boy got the arena, he walked to his coach's office. However, his coach's door was closed. The boy could hear his voice. He didn't mean to hear anything, but the coach had a strong voice.

-So, Mikka. You're the best player of the team. I hope you realize that. You're fifteen and the big leagues are now going to btake interest in you. It's time to play at your full potential. You hear me?

-Yes coach, the other boy said.

-Good. Now, I already talked to your parents and they agree with me. It'd be good for your career if you moved to Canada or the US in a year or so. With your talent, you'd get drafed in no time.

As he heard that, the boy standing on the other side of the door broke down. Tears filled his eyes as he realized he always came second to his best friend.

Saku woke up with a scream. He opened his eyes slowly and realized it was just a dream. However, the fear would not leave his heart. He decided to call Alex, but he looked at the clock. 2 am.

Whatever... he thought. I'm sure it won't bother him.

He dialed Alex's number.

-Huh? A sleepy voice asked.

-Alex, it's Saku.

-What's going on, man? Your voice is trembling.

-I'm scared Alex. I had one of those dreams again.

On the other side of the line, Alex sighed.

-Alright. I'll be there in a few minutes.

Twnety minutes later, Alex stepped into his friend's apartment.

-So, what's going on?

Saku was trembling and clutching a pillow.

-I... I still had a dream about Mikka. He... When coach told him he was the best player of the league. I can't... I can't deal with it.

-Yes you can, said Alex as he sat next to his friend. He took Saku in his arm. Come on man, I know what happened and I'm still your friend. No?

-Is that a good thing? Saku asked.

-You are such a pain sometimes... You're still a good person Saku. I know it.

-What if you're wrong?

Alex shook his head.

-I'm not wrong. You are.

Saku wiped the tears from his eyes.

-Sorry you have bothered you with my foolish fears.

-No problem. I'll see you tomorrow.

Alex was the first one to step into the locker room. He felt dizzy from the lack of sleep. Damn Saku for waking me up. he decided to lay on the bench and sleep for a while, since he was very much in advance.

About an hour later, Saku stepped in the locker room, followed, by Andrei Markov and Carey Price.

-Shhhh, he told them and pointed at Alex. Hey Carey, he whispered, do you happen to have your shaving cream on you?

Carey had the weird habit of always shaving his beard after practice. Carey nodded at Saku.

-Can you give it to me, please?

Carey fumbled through his bad and finally found the cream. He handed it to Saku. Saku silently approached Alex, while Carey and Andrei curiously looked at him. Saku poured some shaving cream onto Alex's hand. Then, he took a kleenex out of his pocket and softly tickled Alex nose with it. By now, the whole team was there and looked at Saku and they were chuckling. Even their coach, Guy Carbonneau, stood there and laughed silently. Alex moved around and finally, he raised his hand to touch his nose. Shaving cream spread all over his face and the whole team burst into massive laughter.

Alex jumped out of the bench and touched his face.

-What's that? he asked, his voice filled with anger.

-Shaving cream, Saku answered innocently.

-That's it Saku! This was the last straw. I've had enough of you and your joke! You'll pay for this, Alex yelled.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:59 am

Of course, Saku didn't take Alex seriously. Alex blew up regularly like that so Saku just laughed it off and sat down on the bench to put his equipment.
Alex walked to the shower and poured some water on his face to wash the cream away. You'll see if I'm not serious he thought.
He went back to the locker room and picked his gym bag. He then pulled Guy aside and asked him if he could skip practice that day so he could be one hundred percent for the first game of the playoffs.

-Of course Alex, said Guy as he padded Alex on the back. Go back home and relax. You've worked very hard this season, you deserve the break.

Alex walked out of the arena and threw his bag in the trunk of his car with a smirk on his face. He didn't need the rest, but there was something he wanted to do... Something he had to do when Saku wasn't available. He drove to the mall. Before leaving, he took a look at his reflection. He fluffed his hair and put on his sunglasses. Even James Bond could never look as good he thought as he smirked.

-Wow, I'm amazed at all the Alex shirts we sold lately, said Leyla with a dorky smile after they had sold the last Kovalev shirt they had in their inventory. We're once again out of his shirts.

-That's because he's such an amazing player, Sophie said.

-This year, added Leyla as she rolled her eyes. Remember last year? Nobody would buy them, even if we put them on sale… Oh and we need to put more Koivu shirt on the shelves too. They're almost all gone.

-I'm in on it, Sophie said as she bent down to grab a box full of Koivu shirts.

-James Bond on his way to the store, Leyla called.

-I hate James Bond, groaned Sophie from under the counter.

Leyla laughed.

-I meant your James Bond. Hi Alex, she added as Alex stepped into the store.

Sophie got up but the back of her head hit the counter. She let out a cry, surprised.

-You're okay? Alex asked as he walked to the other side of the counter. That’s great he thought. It won’t be too hard to make her fall for me.

Sophie nodded as she tried not to make an even bigger fool of herself in front of Alex. She plastered a smile on her face.

-So Alex, what brings you here? She asked him.

-Are you free right now? She nodded at him. So, you want to hang out with me?

She blushed and looked at her feet. I can’t hang out with him alone. I wouldn’t even know what to say. He’d think I’m an idiot.

-Sophie? I think Alex talked to you, said Leyla as she pushed her friend toward Alex.

-Hum… I don’t know… Don’t you have, like, a practice right now?

-I just ditched, he said. So if you don’t come with me, then I ditched for nothing, he said with a grin.

-Well then… Okay, I guess.

She walked up to him and he lead her out of the store.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:00 pm

“You’re not much of a talker, eh?” Alex said halfway through their meal. He had taken her to a fancy restaurant. They were now almost halfway through they meal and Sophie had barely spoke. “Well, actually… no, unless I’m really at ease with somebody.” She answered. It was weird, and Sophie never thought she’d say that, but she didn’t feel comfortable in Alex’s company. Not the way she was when she was with Leyla… or Saku for that matter. She thought it weird how she spoke to Saku about everything and anything the first time they met, but with Alex, she stood there, unable to utter a single syllable. Alex smiled and took her hands in his.

“Don’t worry” he said calmly. “I’ll make you feel comfortable with me.” He then asked her about her, and the conversation settled into a nice groove. Sophie’s uneasiness left her the more they talked. As she asked him about his life, Alex tried to avoid anything about the strippers he had seen, or the girls’ hearts he had broken, or the girls he had mistreated. He thought that maybe Sophie wasn’t too bad, at least not as crazy as he thought she was when he first saw her.

Saku pulled his shirt over his head and took off his equipment after practice, wondering where Alex had run off to. It wasn’t like him to miss practice. God forbid, Alex never missed practice, even when he was sick. But Alex wasn’t there today, he’d skipped and Saku wondered if he hadn’t gone to try and steal Sophie from him. But Saku felt guilty as soon as he thought about that. Alex was his best friend. He would never do something like that; especially after all they had been through together. And Alex had been clear enough about the fact that he didn’t like Sophie at all.

“Hey Saku!” Carey called out from the other side of the room. “What’s up baby Carey?” Saku asked. Alex was the one who had started with this nickname and somehow, it stayed. It didn’t bother Carey, as he knew he was the youngest player of the team, at only twenty years old.

“Want to go to the strippers tonight?” Carey asked. Saku sighed, as he could already see the bad influence Alex had had on him. “Why would you go see strippers baby Carey? Find yourself a real woman. What can you do with a stripper anyway?” Carey blushed and whispered something to himself. Saku grinned and said: “What did Alex do? I’m not sure I understood what you said.” Carey blushed, and finally replied. “Alex often scores with strippers.” Saku felt he had to put Carey back on the right track, if there was such a thing. “And does that make him any happier? Look at him, he’s always grumpy.”

Carey did not say anything else until he was ready to leave the locker room. Then, as he stepped out of the room, he turned back and faced Saku. “Maybe you’re right” he said. After Carey left, Saku figured that Alex was probably having fun somewhere with a girl. He decided to go see Sophie. He wanted to talk to her, get to know her; and maybe they’d fall in love with each other. Deep inside, he was a hopeless romantic, although he would have never admitted it to anyone else.

He finally got to the mall, and got out of his car. He walked in the mall with a gleam in his eye and a bounce in his step, until he arrived to store. Sophie was nowhere in sight, but Leyla stood at the counter, her chin in her hands, obviously daydreaming.

“Earth to Leyla, earth to Leyla” he said with a smirk on his face as he shook his hand in front of her face. She jumped, startled but quickly smiled as she saw who stood in front of her. “Hey Saku” she said. “How are you?”

“I’m doing fine. I was just here… you know… I wanted to see if Sophie was free so we could do something together.” Leyla was deceived when she heard that, but she didn’t let it show. “I’m so sorry Saku, but she left with Alex more than two hours ago.” Saku grew pale, and stayed silent.

So obviously Saku had been wrong about Alex; he did double-cross him. His blood boiled over. How could Alex ever do that to him? Alex knew how much Saku was into Sophie, while he didn’t give a rat’s ass about her. He would use her and then dump her when he was finished with her. “Saku? Saku?” Leyla called out. He looked at her, speechless. He just nodded at her. “They’re here” she told him. Saku turned around and saw Sophie and Alex walking over to the store. At least they weren’t walking hand in hand. Leyla felt bad for Saku; because she knew that he was into Sophie. His pain was so obvious, she could almost touch it.

When Sophie noticed Saku standing in the store, she rushed to meet him. “Saku!” she said as she gave him a big hug, and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. Alex didn’t seem to appreciate that but he didn’t say anything. Saku enjoyed every moment of it, and grinned at Alex as he hugged Sophie back.

When she let go of him, Alex grabbed Saku by the hand and lead him out of the store. “Just for a second” he said to the girls. When they were out of earshot, he spat at Saku: “What the fuck were you doing in there? Hugging her like that?” Saku glared at his friend and spat back: “First of all, she hugged me… Then, you have nothing to say to me. You knew I liked her from the beginning and you stole her from me. Man, you don’t even care about her. She’s like all the strippers you sleep with or the girls you’ve used in the past. It’s not serious and it won’t last.”

“Someone’s jealous?” Alex smirked. “Jealous of what?” Saku asked. “Of your bad taste? Of the diseases you might get by sleeping with strippers? Or of your bad reputation?” Alex frowned. “Listen, you loser, she likes me. Me. So you stay out of it.” He told Saku and left him there as he walked back to the store. Saku followed him, ready to fight for Sophie.

As both men walked back in the store, Sophie grinned at them. She could feel the tension between both men and she tried to ease it up. “Why don’t we go out tonight? The four of us. Wouldn’t that be cool?” Alex and Saku stared at each other, but since both wanted to make a good impression on Sophie, they said yes.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:01 pm

They decided to go to the Newtown, a hip restaurant and club. When they were seated, they all looked at each other. Nobody seemed to know what to say. Alex and Saku’s attitude would not help either. They sat as far as they could from each other. Sophie cleared her throat and said: “So, are we getting something to drink?” “Oh yeah. I’m in on it,” Saku said as he leaped up. He walked to the bar and ordered four beers. As he waited for them, he glared at Alex, who was making small talk with the two girls. What a best friend, he thought. He put the fakest smile on his face as he got back to the table. He watched out as he gave the beers to Sophie and Leyla. As he was about to give Alex his beer, Saku accidentally dropped it and poured the whole the beer on Alex’s shirt. Alex jumped out and stared at his drenched shirt in disbelief.

“Oh Alex, I’m so sorry, I really didn’t mean to. It was an accident, I swear!” Saku said as he seized some napkins and wiped Alex’s shirt with them. “But it’s not my fault if your big ole honker was in the way” he added with a sly grin. Alex roughly pushed Saku’s hand away. “It’s not big deal” he smirked as he took off his shirt. Sophie looked at Alex, confused. He was not going to be bare chest in a club, was he? But as he pulled his shirt up, she noticed he wore another shirt under. Except this shirt was tight… Really tight. You could practically count all of his muscles through this shirt. Sophie quickly drunk some of her beer and looked away as her face turned bright red. “See Saku? Everything’s alright” Alex said as he sat back down. Saku muttered something and sat back next to Alex.

“Aren’t you forgetting something Saku?” Alex asked. Saku raised an eyebrow, faking not to understand what his friend meant. “My beer, stupid” Alex continued as he nudged his friend. “Mmmm, I don’t think so darling” Saku told him. “You only have your big ole honker to blame for what happened to your beer. So move your ass and go get a new one yourself.” He said as he winked at the two girls. Leyla burst into laughter as Sophie bit her lips to remain silent. Alex shrugged and offered his hand to Sophie. “Would you mind coming upstairs with me and dance? He asked. “Oh… I… I don’t know,” she whispered. “I think I’ll finish my beer first” she told him. She still was not over seeing Alex in this shirt and she hoped she would have the time to cool off while she finished her beer. “That beer would be more useful if I poured it on top of your head,” mocked Leyla. Sophie rolled her eyes and took Alex’s hand. They both left for the dance floor. Saku and Leyla smiled at each other before Leyla snorted “God, have you noticed how red Sophie was when Alex took off his shirt?” “He usually has that effect on girls,” Saku simply said before drinking his beer. He remained silent and even though Leyla tried to start a conversation with him, he only answered with a one-word answer. She was finally annoyed and left the club. Saku left shortly thereafter.

Upstairs, Sophie was sure she would get a heart attack. Alex stood so close to her and she felt her heart race. They dance for some time without saying anything. They eyes locked a few times and every time, Sophie would get butterflies. After a while, he looked at her straight in the eye. He stood still, ignoring the others who danced around him. He finally leaned over, his lips inches away from Sophie’s. He waited for a few seconds, then leaned over again and locked lips with her. He was not forcing himself on her; she could stop the kiss whenever she wanted. Like she would ever want to stop kissing him! She was glad that Leyla was not there to witness the kiss. She would certainly not appreciate it, as she hated Alex. Sophie knew it, thought she did not know why. Alex eventually broke the kiss. “Want to come at my place?” he asked her. “Hmmm, sure?” she said, thinking that this might be going a bit too fast for her.

They went back downstairs, where they did not see Saku or Leyla. “Maybe they left together” Sophie told Alex. “I know Leyla has they hugest crush on Saku.” Alex smiled, happy to learn this. If he could get Saku out of his way, Sophie would be all his; he would have won.

Back at his place, Alex took a beer out of the fridge. “You sure you don’t want anything to drink?” he asked Sophie. “Yea, I’m sure” she replied as she nervously looked around his apartment. “Something wrong?” he said as he watched her play with her hands. “This… It is just… It’s way too good to be true. I never thought, not in a million years, that I’d be standing in your apartment. I never imagine you could notice me… Or if you did, you’d never like me anyway.” She said with a blush. “Seems like you were wrong” he gently said. He sat down next to her and quietly drank his beer. None felt the need to say anything. But Sophie had to head home, she was starting to get tired. She repressed a yawn, but Alex still saw it. “Tired?” She nodded. “Why don’t you sleep here?” She shook her head. “I don’t want to bother you.” “You’re not bothering me” he said with a grin. “But I have nothing to wear.” She continued. Why was she trying to hard to find a reason not to sleep here? Because I want to know if it’s serious, she thought.

“You can wear one of my big shirts” he said and led her to his bedroom. He opened a drawer and pulled out a big hockey shirt. He unfolded it and gave it to Sophie. “Here, I think this will do. The bathroom’s right there.” She took it softly and went to the bathroom to change. When she got back in the bedroom, he already laid in bed, reading a book. She stood there, not knowing where she should go. “Come here” he said and pointed to the place next to him. “I don’t bite, you know?” He said with a smile. “Come on, nothing will happen. We’ll just sleep, that’s all.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Good To Be True   Way Too Good To Be True I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Way Too Good To Be True
Page 1 of 1