RadSpace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Australian Muslims offer prayers for WYD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bek

Bek

Australian Muslims offer prayers for WYD Empty
PostSubject: Australian Muslims offer prayers for WYD   Australian Muslims offer prayers for WYD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:32 am

Quote :
July 14, 2008, 11:14 pm

Muslims have extended prayers of peace and goodwill to Catholics for World Youth Day (WYD), welcoming the Pope and pilgrims to Sydney.

Australian Federation of Islamic Councils (AFIC) president Ikebal Patel said Muslims were praying for harmony between all Australian faiths.

"On this occasion of World Youth Day, I extend sincere greetings to the Catholic community of Australia on behalf of the Muslims of Australia," Mr Patel said in a statement.

"I take this opportunity on behalf of the Muslims of Australia to also extend our good wishes to all Australians of all faiths on this auspicious occasion of World Youth Day and pray for peace, harmony and goodwill among all Australians and peoples all over the world.

"We also take this occasion as Australian Muslims to welcome His Holiness Pope Benedict as well as all other pilgrims to Australia."

Mr Patel also said he was proud to be on the board of AFIC's Malek Fahd Islamic School in Sydney, which is hosting 350 pilgrims during the festivities.

"I am particularly proud that the Catholic Church has accepted our offer to host the pilgrims," said Mr Patel.

How GREAT is it to see that the gap between faiths is slowly closing.
Back to top Go down
k4it0u
The Ultimate Homeskillet Cookie Ever
k4it0u

Australian Muslims offer prayers for WYD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Australian Muslims offer prayers for WYD   Australian Muslims offer prayers for WYD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:36 pm

Ye whewt, whewt ♥ !
Super-glad about that :]. All religions are similar in some way or form, so there really shouldn't be such a gap between them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/k4it0u_n00bz_j00

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RadSpace :: News :: World News-
Jump to: