RadSpace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
StuffOfLegends
Boss
StuffOfLegends

Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film Empty
PostSubject: Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film   Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 5:47 pm

By Alex Dobuzinskis

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Sacha Baron Cohen will star as detective Sherlock Holmes and Will Ferrell as his loyal assistant, Watson, in an upcoming film comedy inspired by tales of the fictional English sleuth, Columbia Pictures said on Wednesday.

Cohen, 36, and Ferrell, 40, last appeared together in the 2006 auto racing spoof "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby," with Ferrell in the title role and Cohen playing his rival, a French speed racer.

Screenwriter Etan Cohen, no relation to the British comedian who sprang to movie fame as "Borat," has been signed to pen the screenplay for the as-yet untitled Sherlock Holmes film, the Sony Corp.-owned studio said in a statement.

The story will use as a starting point the principal characters created by Scottish-born author and physician Arthur Conan Doyle in the late 19th century.

No launch date for the production has been set, and no other decisions about casting or a director have been made.

The role of Holmes, the gentlemanly English detective par excellence renowned for his use of deductive reasoning, might seem an odd fit for Cohen, who, though educated at Cambridge University, has made a career of playing outlandish characters with funny accents.

He earned his credentials as a box office star playing a boorish, oversexed TV journalist from Central Asia in the 2006 comedy "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," improvising scenes with everyday Americans unaware he was making a movie.

The role was based on one of several characters he created for his television series, "Da Ali G Show." Cohen also appeared on the big screen opposite Johnny Depp in the 2007 musical "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street."

Ferrell, who made his name as a leading sketch comedy artist on NBC's "Saturday Night Live," has a string of film comedies to his credit, including "Elf," "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy," "Stranger than Fiction," "Blades of Glory" and "Semi-Pro."

"Just the idea of Sacha and Will as Sherlock Holmes and Watson makes us laugh," Columbia Pictures co-president Matt Tolmach said in a statement.

Columbia's development of a Sherlock Holmes spoof marks the second major studio project currently in the works based on the famed British private eye, with Warner Bros. preparing a drama to be directed by Madonna's filmmaking husband, Guy Ritchie, according to Daily Variety.

(Editing by Steve Gorman, Bob Tourtellotte)

There funny, but Sherlock Holmes... Sounds like it is going to suck...
Back to top Go down
http://wrestlingunleashed.forumotion.com/
k4it0u
The Ultimate Homeskillet Cookie Ever
k4it0u

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film   Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Wow, very unimaginable oAo.

Love the two actors, but as Sherlock Holmes and Watson? I can only think of this as a dark comedy x].
Can't wait for the previews :].
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/k4it0u_n00bz_j00
Tiff

Tiff

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film   Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 6:29 pm

*facepalm*

Well, this is gonna be interesting . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.ortonized.org
Melissa
Apprentice
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film   Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:32 am

Oh dear lord, lmfao. Neutral . . . I can't imagine that. Please don't do it. It will be major fail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/godsmack_girl
Amneet

Amneet

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film   Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:20 pm

It may be rubbish but I guarantee you it will be funny as hell - Sacha Baron Cohen is possibly the funniest dude alive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film   Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell team up for film
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RadSpace :: Media :: Movies-
Jump to: