RadSpace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meaningful lyrics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bek

Bek

Meaningful lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Meaningful lyrics   Meaningful lyrics I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:14 am

I was just thinking about this today when I was listening to my CD's, what lyrics mean something to you or represent you.
Through doing this before, I've found out quite a bit about people.

I'll post the links to the lyrics, then sort of explain why they're "me"

Wolves by Garth Brooks
, that last couple of lines really means something. I don't know if you guys know, but Australia is currently in it's worst drought in history, officially it's been going for 8 years(I think), but in reality, it's been almost 11, I have seen so many people, including very close friends of mine lose their livelihoods through it....Anywho, you have no idea how terrified I am of 'being one of the one's the wolves pulled down'...it is really that bad.

This Cowboy's Hat by Chris LeDoux, a lot of people have never understood why this song is "me", and to tell you the truth, I don't really know either, it's just always meant a lot to me, and always will.

The Cowboy Song by Garth Brooks, this one actually more reminds me of my grandfather than myself, which, I think, makes it even more special to me.

Amarillo By Morning by George Strait/Chris LeDoux, I heard this song first by George Strait, but recently I've heard the Chris LeDoux version, which is actually the earlier version, hence why I put George Strait/Chris LeDoux there. There is just so many lines in this song that represent me, I love both versions, I think George's is better musically, but I "feel" Chris' more, knowing that he did live that life.

That Girl Is A Cowboy by Garth Brooks
, I didn't actually really listen to the lyrics of this song up until about a year or so ago. I was with my best friend, and I put this CD in, and this song came one, and at the end, she said to me "that's you." It was the ultimate complement I could receive, as you'll be able to tell from the lyrics. This is one of probably three songs that make me fall to pieces when I hear it, and it's not even a sad song, it just means that much to me.

You Can't Take The Honky Tonk Out Of The Girl by Brooks & Dunn
, ever heard the expression "you can take the kid out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the kid", that's me Laughing

He Rides The Wild Horses by Chris LeDoux, just another one that is so "me".

I Saw God Today by George Strait, my cousin, who is practically my sister, told me last week she was pregnant, this is how I felt when I found out.

The Dance by Garth Brooks, I left this til last because this song means more to me than any other song and chances are, it always will, this one is simple, when it all ends, this is what my life would've been. I would've been cut down, gone through all the pain, but there is not one thing I would regret doing.

And there's my life in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down

Meaningful lyrics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RadSpace :: Media :: Music-
Jump to: