RadSpace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
k4it0u
The Ultimate Homeskillet Cookie Ever
k4it0u

'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision Empty
PostSubject: 'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision   'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Quote :
Tuesday, July 15, 2008

(07-15) 12:17 PDT SYDNEY, Australia (AP) --

They call this koala bear "lucky." The 3-year-old male koala was struck by a car and carried for seven miles with his head and arm wedged through the vehicle's front grill, but was not badly hurt.

Staff members at the Australian Wildlife Hospital in Queensland state dubbed him Ely "Lucky" Grills, the Australian Broadcasting Corp. reported on Tuesday.

"He was very flat and unresponsive for a couple of hours, but (after) a bit of TLC and some feed and some fluids — and a bit of pain relief because obviously he would have had a headache — he was up and eating and doing really well," hospital manager Gail Gipp told ABC.

Hospital officials could not immediately be reached by The Associated Press.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/07/14/international/i232608D89.DTL

That's one tough koala oAo. Seriously.

Makes me wonder though on how the koala was there in the first place. Escape artist? Just there at the wrong time?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/k4it0u_n00bz_j00
Bek

Bek

PostSubject: Re: 'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision   'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:33 am

It was probably out on a country road, the damn things always are, same with roo's. The hospital is at Beerwah, which is "regional", so quite possible that it was...

Lucky though...
Back to top Go down
k4it0u
The Ultimate Homeskillet Cookie Ever
k4it0u

PostSubject: Re: 'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision   'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:34 pm

Ohhh, I get it nowww 8D!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/k4it0u_n00bz_j00
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision   'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Lucky' koala bear survives head-on car collision
Page 1 of 1