RadSpace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Inah
Boss
Inah

Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss. Empty
PostSubject: Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss.   Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:22 am

Will Smith was disappointed he missed out on an Oscar for his role in The Pursuit Of Happyness - because he was convinced it was "my time".

The star has received two Best Actor Academy Award nominations to date - for Ali in 2001, and again for the 2006 drama.

He was beaten to the podium in 2002 by Denzel Washington - for his role in the critically-acclaimed Training Day - and he and lost out to Forest Whitaker's Last King of Scotland portrayal at the 2007Academy Awards.

But Smith admits it was Whitaker's win that upset him the most.

He says, "Denzel took it for Training Day; fantastic film. When you can get nominated and invited to the (Oscars) party, it's huge. (But) I can always tell when things aren't right for me at the time; I didn't feel like that was the time.

"But, for Pursuit of Happyness, I actually felt like it was my time and I still didn't win it! I was like, 'Hey, it's my time! Wait, hold on, that other boy's taken my thing!'"

Yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
https://radspace.forumotion.com
Bek

Bek

PostSubject: Re: Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss.   Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:26 am

I know he's probably trying not to be conceited, but it really sounds like he is there, I mean, personally I don't think anyone should think they deserve an Oscar, on account of how hard they are to get.

Sort of like Kanye West's Grammy's acceptances, he's like "I deserve album of the year", I just really hate people who are so self-centered like that.
Back to top Go down
k4it0u
The Ultimate Homeskillet Cookie Ever
k4it0u

PostSubject: Re: Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss.   Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:28 pm

Awww, poor Willy. Sounds kind-of conceited like Bek says, but I understand what he means.

I'm sure he'll find another role with which he'll win a Grammy Oscar one day :]. Just wait it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/k4it0u_n00bz_j00
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss.   Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 7:41 pm

You can't really expect to beat Denzel Washington, cause he is just fantastic. He probably should have beat out Forest Whitaker, although as already said he does sound a bit conceited over it. Maybe he just needs to do the Fresh Prince of Bel-air again because that show was awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss.   Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Smith annoyed at second Oscars loss.
Page 1 of 1